Saturday, June 11, 2011

Today

Today I woke up to the sound of Adrian and Luke walking and riding trikes outside my bedroom window.

Today I watched Tess sit on top of a patio table outside and sing to her ayis.

Today I held sweet little Melanie and Ethan the sweat ball (it’s true...he’s notorious for how much he sweats) J

Today I ate watermelon, green apple pop (my fave!), lemon bars, and leftovers with three sweet friends at lunchtime.

Today I went upstairs in House of Blessing and had my Zechariah boy run straight into my arms for a cuddle.

Today I got big fat kisses from little Robert. Here I am trying to give my love to these kids and they outdo me every time. <3

Today I sang “J*sus Loves Me” over and over, read stories, and held four to five kids on my lap at one time.

Today I heard Kennedy call my name, say “I miss you” in Chinese, and pull me in close to his wheelchair for kisses.

Today I cleaned our apartment at the Inn with Irene and Sara and thanked God again for giving me such wonderful roomies this summer.

Today I saw J*sus and His awesome artistry as creator displayed in each and every face of these precious kids.

Today I ran through the pouring monsoon rains with Sara from one end of Shepherd’s Field to the other (Kaisha will know what I’m talking about!). We got drenched, we wrapped our cameras and phones in plastic bags under our shirts, we laughed and screamed, and dried out our clothes in our room.

Today I saw a tiny bit of blue sky and sun peek out from the smoggy grey air.

Today I marveled again at the blessing of being in this place, with these kids, for another day.

2 comments:

  1. And today YOU blessed everyone you touched with your kindness and J*s*s heart!!! He is working through you and I am SO thankful!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...i know EXACTLY what you're talking about...exactly...

    ReplyDelete