I love this Latin phrase meaning "image of G0d." Being here with 75 precious orphans has given me an even greater appreciation of how G0d has made us all in His image, for His glory. Each of these faces I kiss and hands I hold in mine testify more loudly than words ever could that there *is* a G0d, He is Lord over everything, and He has designed us for the purpose of being in a relationship with Him and proclaiming His story to the world. Each human being, American or Ch1nese, young or old, sick or well, weak or strong all show the order and beauty and majesty of our Creator. When I look into these kids' eyes or listen to their laughs or watch them dance I see reflections of my amazing G0d and am led to praise Him more for making us each different and wonderful and unique. While looking at pictures is not the same thing as experiencing these things in person, I hope that these at least communicate to you back home a little of the glory of G0d that I am seeing in each one of these amazing kids. Enjoy!
 |
| Sweet Max... |
 |
| Ling-Ling |
 |
| Melissa |
 |
| Noelle |
 |
| Three Samaritan's House beauties...Tess, Heather, and Shanna |
 |
| Adrian |
 |
| Lukers! |
 |
| Shane |
 |
| Tess....100% pure chub :) |
 |
| Shane |
 |
| Isabella |
 |
| Shanna....I was so excited that she started liking me yesterday (most of the Samaritan's House babies are afraid of strangers). She is so cuddly and cute! |
 |
| Shane |
 |
| Leonard |
 |
| Clyde |
 |
| Haley |
 |
| Preston |
 |
| Melanie and Ethan |
 |
| Joey |
 |
| Asa |
 |
| Melanie |
 |
| Shane |
 |
| April and I. When I went into her house she immediately held her hands up to me and said "Ba" which means "up"! I held her for a long time and she LOVED it! |
 |
| My sweet Zechariah...one of my three favorite little guys here (along with Perry, of course, and Eric) :) I fell in love with him as a baby on my last trip...he would snuggle on my shoulder and give me the sweetest little grins. (His picture is on this blog's header, so you may recognize him). He hasn't changed a bit, except for being a little bigger! I adore this little man and SO wish I was 30 so I could take him home with me (that's the age minimum for adopting from China) :) |
 |
| My Zekky boy... <3 |
 |
| Adrian |
 |
| Precious Sierra...she is so much fun |
 |
| Melissa! |
 |
| Two of my kindergarten students...Ting-Ting (Joy) and Moses |
 |
| Teddy |
 |
| The Samaritan's House young men :)...Adrian, Luke, and Shane |
 |
| Luke picking some newly planted vegetables from the grounds. Naughty boy... :) |
 |
| Melissa's adorable little hand |
 |
| Mr. Moses |
 |
| Joy |
 |
| Tess...She has *yet* to warm up to me! |
Wonderful pics, Annie! Thanks so much for sharing. What is Shane like? debbie/oak
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet, precious faces! It is so strange that when the rest of the world sees only disability, God sees perfection and beauty in his creation. You have God's eyes as you help these kids! We're praying for you as you minister to all those sweethearts! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteThe Grants
Debbie: Shane is a total sweetheart! He's really shy and quiet at first, but when he warms up to you he'll come and sit on your lap and smile really sweetly up at you. I adore him! <3
ReplyDeleteLove these pics! Thanks for the great ones of Luke!! Hahaha, naughty boy! I love one were he's making a silly face! :)
ReplyDeleteAnnie,
ReplyDeleteSharon just gave me the link to your blog. I love it and all your wonderful pics! We are Haley's family, so I was so excited to see a pic of her on this post! :) Can't wait to follow along, what an amazing journey you are on!
Many blessings!!
Angie