Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nail Day!

Yesterday afternoon (which was a Saturday for us!), Sara, Melissa, and I went through the houses painting nails. The little girls absolutely loved it! Most of them would hold really still while we painted and then hold their hands out for drying just like grown women do after getting a manicure (it's so funny how they instinctively know to do that even from such a young age!). Then they had to show off their pretty nails to everyone around them. Many of them would smile really big or squeal in sheer delight....it was so precious!
Of course the boys couldn't stand to miss out on the fun, so we ended up painting a lot of their hands as well. Sorry to all their future parents...hope we didn't scar them for life! :)

Sara and Sharon from Samaritan's House
Heather looking down at her hot pink nails...not sure what to think about them at this point. :)

The ayis got really into it too! Once we discovered we were missing a bottle of nail polish only to find that an ayi was several feet away from us using it to paint about six boys' fingernails. :)

Heather and I


Sara doing Maggie

Moses showing off his manicure :)

Haley

Beth

Sara holding up some of the girls' nails. This one is April

Haley

April was SO excited to show off her nails to me! She can't smile due to some paralysis in her facial muscles, but her eyes were so bright and she made little excited grunting noises so I definitely knew she was having a blast!

April's toesies

More teeny tiny toes! I think these were Haley's.

Hayden showing off her sparkly pink nails!

Melissa doing Diane from House of Love

Aubrey (striped shirt) and Joy

Melissa and Mariah

Doing Joy's fingers

A proud Mr. Eric :)

Hayden

Mariah

Lexi and Melissa <3

3 comments:

  1. How fun was that??? I have two littles that love their toenails painted too!!! That is just so sweet!!! LOVE every single photo you shared. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!!! Looks like everyone had a blast! I love these pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sweet Annie! I LOVE the toes!

    ReplyDelete