 |
| Jackson |
 |
| Josiah |
 |
| Wes |
When you've been here a month and are increasingly starting to know these kids on a deeply personal, individual level, it's very easy to start feeling overwhelmed. I try to help wheezing Katherine breathe a little easier and stroke Teddy's crying face. I give Josiah hugs when he begs for them, mourn over Vincent's weakness, and hold Grace when she reaches those tiny stick arms of hers out towards me and smiles beckoningly. I cry over the injustice of the g*vernments or orphanages or individuals who are keeping many of these precious kids from being adopted. I pr*y for G0d's mercy to soften the older kids' hearts toward Himself and lead them through the difficult choices and paths they are facing right now. And on and on...
So many kids, so many stories, so many needs...
 |
| Toby |
I look at these 76 precious little faces and the diverse personalities and experiences held behind them and I just feel so helpless.
Lord, my heart can't take it all in. I can't feel burdened over or love each one of these kids as much as they need. I love them, but I can't really
love all 76 the same. I feel so weak, like my heart isn't big enough or my hands can't do enough here.
But then it's like G0d touches His finger to my chin and lifts my gaze to the He*vens. Do you trust Me, Annie? Do you believe that I am big enough to see these kids and to meet their needs? How simple-minded, how prone to forgetfulness I am! Of course the G0d who made the universe and knows every hair on our heads (Luke 12:7) is able to care for every single one of these kids.
 |
| Zechariah |
When my perspective is restored by looking up to my great and awesome S*vior, then when I look back down I am amazed at what He
is doing around me. He cares for every one of these kids through His spirit, through His mighty works of healing and protection over them, through His sovereignty in ordering their lives, and, amazingly, through people like you and me. What a gift that He would use
us to collectively love and serve these kids, accomplishing together what we could never do apart.
There are doctors here to meet the kids' physical needs for surgeries, medications, and recoveries. There are loving ayis to care for the kids' daily needs of eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom. There are teachers who help the kids' to reach their intellectual potential, no matter what level that may be. There are therapists who help them learn to move or speak properly so they will have stronger, more healthy lives. There are visitors that love on and play with these kids nearly every day. There are sponsors who help provide clothes, food, and daily care for them through financial giving. There are people G0d brings here with special burdens for certain kids; Kelly who loves Joey, Kathy who loves Melanie, Alan and Elissa who love Noel, etc. And there are adoptive families for many of the kids who give them all the individual love and care and sense of belonging that they desperately need.
 |
| Lucas |
Through this whole web of people, G0d cares for each one of these children. He doesn't need me to try to do it all; I'm just here to contribute in all the ways He has designed me to. When His body works together to bring Him glory and show His love to the world, beautiful things happen. I can't believe I get to be a small part of Him meeting overwhelming needs with His overwhelming grace. What a wondrous G0d we have!
Sweet Annie~ you are so wise and God is speaking SO clearly to you. I look SO forward to coming there to get Will but you have encouraged me to search for more that God has for our family. We are being burdened for China in a big way. Searching and praying!!! Keep loving Annie and being the hands and feet of Christ. He is using you BIG!!! I am so thankful you are there!!! Squeeze Will for me today.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
In His Love!
It is hard to remember sometimes that he loves these children more and longer than you have. How can he watch this if he truly loved them? I believe in my heart that God places a special something inside the spirit of an orphan. They can survive and sometimes even love in really hard circumstances.....I think that is where you come in. God places people in these children's lives to give them a little boost to go on...to see his love and glory through you and it gives a little easier time in their lives. For that, you will be blessed, I hope in seeing a bunch of those cuties come home!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your journey..it makes me homesick for China
He may not necessarily need you but I'm so glad He's using you and that you made yourself available to be used, Annie.
ReplyDelete