When we were too stiff to keep bicycling we hatched a plan to go jump on the trampoline in the darkness. We all felt sneaky walking through the grass, taking our shoes off in the sand, and climbing quietly into the trampoline, even though we’ve seen some of the ayis do the same thing at night! J We jumped, bounced, and fell into each other until we couldn’t catch our breath any longer and then we collapsed down in a heap for some stargazing. Melissa, Sara, and I just lay there for the longest time (past 11:00!), watching the stars and sharing awe over the Creator we all know and love who designed them to show His splendor and majesty. We shared stories, heard Sara’s amazing testimony of G0d’s faithfulness and sovereignty in her journey here, and talked about our great S*vior. It was such a precious time....the best night I’ve spent here so far. I thanked G0d so much for these sweet sisters in Chr1st that I’m able to share life and fellowship with here and soaked up the sight of the stars above the trampoline extra hard, knowing that all too soon I’ll be viewing them from my own continent again instead of from this place I love so very much. I’m so glad that even when I go, I can look up at the same stars, held in the same palm of the same Cre*tor who is as faithful and near to me in the ordinary, everyday moments I will be returning to as He is in the exciting, special opportunities and experiences I’ve had here over the past two months. Th*nk you, G0d for a beautiful night of drawing closer to You and to Your people under the stars that You made...I will never forget it.
“The heavens declare the glory of G0d, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heart. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.” ~Ps. 19:1-4
What a blessed night with precious friends and God!!! Jesus is SO happy!!!
ReplyDelete:)