| At Coldstone Creamery in Beijing! |
| At the Summer Palace on Sunday |
| My beautiful Jie Jie! |
| Ready for our evening exercise sessions! |
One of the sweetest relationships I've developed over the past many weeks has been with SFCV's adoption liason and my roomie here, Sara. Through the day-in and day-out sharing of life...eating , sharing a bathroom, doing devotions on the couch, watching movies, laughing, talking, and playing with kids together...we've come to know each other a lot more and love each other, despite all our differences (height would be the most obvious one!). We've developed a nightly tradition now of going outside before bed to walk around the grounds, ride the kids' bikes :), and swing or jump on the trampoline. It has been such a sweet time each day to talk about what's gone on during the day, to share stories and memories from different parts of our lives, to talk about G0d's faithfulness, and to encourage each other with the various struggles and challenges we face in our work here. We share a heartfelt love for sweet little Niu Niu (who you heard about in my last post!), even getting the blessing of Skyping her together a few times while I've been here. We've done puzzles together, stargazed, laughed at the kids' latest antics, and prayed together. She is the Jie Jie (older sister) I never had but always wanted. I'm so thankful G0d brought our paths together and gave us a friendship that will last long after I go home, across all the thousands of miles that separate us. Sara, you are a one-of-a-kind friend!! Wo Ai Ni! <3
I can just imagine how close you two have become! I can't wait to meet her when we go to China and SO pray I can meet you too!!! Love you both!!!
ReplyDeleteXO
Awww...what a lovely tribute to a beautiful friendship. What a blessing for you both to have had this time 'hangin' with each other. Sara is indeed a wonderful person...we loved her instantly and told her we wanted to take her home in our suitcase with us (she would fit!!). :)
ReplyDelete