 |
| Studying outside by the playground |
 |
| Nate, Zack, and I in the office reading |
In addition to my three classes with the Shepherd's Field kids, I tutor two of the SFCV founders' kids, 14-year-old twins Nate and Zack. They are really shy and don't like being cooped up inside with me for schoolwork during the summer (though we do take our lessons outside sometimes!), but fun boys that I enjoy teaching. We do an hour and a half every morning of math review and reading aloud, the latter of which is their definite preference! It is a joy to be able to give back to the Baker family who has poured their blood, sweat, and tears over the last few decades into serving the people of Ch1na and building this incredible home for its neediest children.
I LOVE that you do this. I friended Tim Baker on FB and have loved seeing the videos he is posting!Scott and I would LOVE to talk to him more about what they do there and what is yet to do. Can't wait to come there to get Will and meet everyone. Blessings and love!
ReplyDelete