Hey everyone!
Blogger doesn't seem to be working for me right now so I'll try my hand at doing this remotely (if the pictures or words are messed up, then you'll know why!). This first day and a half in Ch1na has been *amazing* to say the least! I've done so much in the past many hours!
Here's the photo-by-photo playback of these past few hours:
Pictures #1 and #2: Waiting for my flight!
Picture #3: The view outside my window this morning...accompanied by lots of happy morning sounds like motorbikes rumbling down the road, a man singing in the orphanage compound, and birds chirping.
Picture #4: Shepherd's Field!
Picture #5: Joseph riding his bike this morning
Picture #6: Kathy (a SFCV visitor) and Irene (another intern) and I spent most of the morning wiping down playgrounds and a big bouncy house in preparation for tomorrow's Children's Day celebrations.
Picture #7: Getting ready for the big waterfight that accompanies aforementioned celebration :)
Pictures #8 and 9: My room at Shepherd's Field!
Picture #10: Charissa and Noel
Picture #11: Today's w0rship time with the kids. This is another intern, Philemon, doing the object lesson after a bunch of us led them in "Father Abraham," "J*s*s Loves Me," and "This is the Day."
Picture #12: Cute Connor!
Picture #13: Lucas (with Cody in background)
Picture #14: Jerak
Picture #15: Piggy back time!
Picture #16: Just to prove that I really did eat a chicken's foot! :)
Picture #17: Meeting my sponsor boy, Perry!!
Picture #18: More Perry...with many more pics to come for his waiting mama! <3
Goodnight all!


















Yah! I don't think your smile could be any bigger in the photo of you and Perry!
ReplyDeleteLove, Chessa
Say it ain't so, Joe, that you really ate a chicken foot!! Annie, please!! We love seeing you and the kids. Keep 'em coming and hope to hear from you on the phone or via skype soon (hint, hint!)
ReplyDeleteLove you much! Mom, Dad, and your Sibs
OH ANNIE~ I have been thinking of you and praying for you SO much over the last days!!! Knowing you were making your way to our beloved China!!! We are away at the beach and came up for lunch... I usually don't open my computer in the middle of the day but did today and God blessed BIG! I saw your precious face all smiles next to my precious baby!!! WOW huge crocodile tears!!! OF JOY!!! I love you SO much for what you are doing for the children there~ God is so good to stir in your heart the love for SF and China!!! Praying for you the whole time and would love to Skype too if you ever have time. :)
ReplyDeleteXOXOXOXOXO
ps the pics took my breath away!!!
Congratulations on a safe arrival, Annie! We're praying for you, for a safe and fun-filled time ministering and being ministered to by those amazing children. Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteSavannah for the jet-lagged, slightly stressed Grants
aaaaw...*sigh* i wrote a whole little thing to myself this morning about you and what you were probly doing...
ReplyDeleteway to go on chicken foot! ha! how was it? will you eat it again?
give Shane a squeeze for me and tell him I love him. and kiss Melanie and make her smile.
love and miss you!
Yeah, Annie!! So glad you arrived safely and that you're loving on those precious little ones in person -- what a blessing for all -- and how especially comforting for Perry's sweet mama. Love all the pictures -- we're praying for you many times a day here...and we can't wait to hear in person about the chicken foot (but we still love you!!).
ReplyDeleteLove the pics!! That one of Josiah is precious! How great that you get to be there for Children's Day!! Have and amazing time and squesse Luke for me! And tell Luke that Rdu says HI, Thanks!
ReplyDelete